Want to run or walk the 5K or the 1 mile race but don’t know where to start? Here’s a list of training resources for you and your family.
5K Training for Adults:
- Couch to 5K on www.coolrunning.com. This is a great site with a run down of a weekly schedule designed to help you run a 5K in a few weeks. You can even check in with a virtual trainer and keep a running log.
- Couch to 5K Mobile app is available for iPhones/iPods via iTunes and Android smartphones via Google Play
- Shape Magazine provides a chart that shows you how to train by running and walking http://www.shape.com/fitness/training-plans/beginner-5k-training-schedule-go-couch-finish-line
5K and 1 Mile Training for Kids:
- Runner’s World’s http://www.kidsrunning.com provides information on the right distance for your child depending on age. It also offers book suggestions that you can read with or to your kids.
- http://suite101.com/article/5k-training-with-children-a168114 is an article written by a parent who has done many fun runs with her children.